Ashlee to Follow Jessica Into Fashion: 'I would love to do a line'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 7
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: RD/Kenney/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Drew Mackie, with reporting by Mary S. Park
Singer, actress, wife to rocker Pete Wentz and mommy to high-energy toddler Bronx Mowgli, Ashlee Simpson does it all. But she's also a dyed-in-the-wool apparel aficionado who managed to squeeze in a few stops at New York Fashion Week. Outside Thursday's BCBG Max Azria show, the hip mom-on-the-go spoke with the press -- including Wonderwall -- about what items she has her eye on, her forthcoming fashion line and how her personal style has developed.
What brings you to the BCBG Max Azria show?
AS: I love this line. It's such a great line, and for me it was a great day. It's wonderful. It's great to wear. It fits a woman's body beautifully, it's fun, and it's young. I always love coming to this show.
What BCBG item are you dying for?
AS: One thing from this line? I haven't seen the dresses yet. I came here one year and I saw a dress, and I said, "I want that right now!" They were so sweet to give it to me, and I got to wear it to the MTV Awards, like, three years ago.
How would you describe your style?
AS: It kind of goes with whatever I'm in the mood for that day. And for me, today, I love this BCBG leather jacket and I love this little bag. I was with Bronx this morning, so I kind of went casual, but in a kind of good little rocker way.
RELDATED: See Ashlee at her most stylish
Would you ever have your own line like your sister does?
AS: Yeah, I would love to do a line. It's something my friend and I are working on… We're slowly taking it there. We definitely have our ideas and our inspiration… Definitely it's something that I would love to do. It's relatively close. We have our little look books that we're starting to get together.
Pete Wentz did it with DKNY.
Yeah, has Clandestine Industries. We all love fashion.
Is Jessica helping you?
AS: You know, I actually don't help her with her line [although] she's helped me with ours. We definitely support each other no matter what. And I wear her line all the time. Her shoes are amazing and her jeans are so comfortable.
Do you have a favorite pair of Jessica's jeans?
AS: I'm a fan of the skinny jeans. Definitely. And they're cute on the booty. That's always important when it comes to jeans.
You're such a fashionable mom. What's your favorite beauty tip?
AS: Go with the flow of what you're wearing that day what you feel good in. I think that's the most important thing: wearing something that you feel good in.
What are you doing to keep fit?
AS: Running around, chasing Bronx. He's running now, he's on the go, you know? So that's what I've been doing. And yoga.
How has being a mom changed your style?
AS: I definitely just like to throw things on. I love vintage wear as well, and I love a beautiful dress. Who doesn't want to get dressed up every now and then? So that's always nice. But I definitely am a ballet flats-and-jeans kind of girl.
You're always changing your hair color. What's your favorite?
AS: I mean, I figure it's hair, you know what I mean? You've got one life. I'm going to be like that grandma in "Fried Green Tomatoes" with my green converse and pink hair. No, I like them all. I'm naturally blonde though.
We never could have guessed, Ashlee!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite