Ashton Kutcher: I Couldn't Be With a Woman Who 'Needed to Change Me'
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital4 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital7 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: Nancy Barr/Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: CS5/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: JM11/WENN17 of 18
Isn't it ironic?
Before wife Demi Moore announced she was ending their six-year marriage, Ashton Kutcher posed for the December cover of Men's Health magazine, and gave a quick, prescient interview with sister mag Women's Health.
Kutcher, 33, might look back on a few of his comments with a bit of regret.
"I'm relatively scared of failure," he told Men's Health. "But I just don't see it as something that's inevitable."
His comments to Women's Health, however, truly belie some of the marital issues that likely led Moore, 49, to end their union.
When asked about the best relationship advice he's ever received, "I think it’s all about working on the relationship and making it better...when it’s good. Don't wait for a problem to work on things. The goal is not to get into a relationship; the goal is to be in a relationship."
(On Thursday, nearly two months after Us accused Kutcher of cheating on Moore with 22-year-old Sara Leal, Moore said in a statement that she had decided to end their marriage.)
When asked to finish the sentence "I could never be with a woman who..." Kutcher's reply was also intriguing: "Wow, that’s tough. I could never be with a woman who felt like she needed to change me."
He adds, "I would just like a woman someday, somewhere, at some point in my life to say to me, 'You're a great listener.' Haven't heard it yet, and that's a superior compliment to get from a woman. But I'm going to work on it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »