Barbara Walters hospitalized with chicken pox
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Splash News2 of 19
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: ABC/.6 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 19
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.13 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 19
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital17 of 19
- Photo: Pacific Coast News18 of 19
NEW YORK (AP) -- Barbara Walters has the chicken pox.
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
The television veteran has been hospitalized for more than a week after taking a fall. Doctors wouldn't release her because she was running a temperature, and now they know why: The 83-year-old news veteran has a disease many people deal with when they are children.
RELATED: Jennifer Lawrence has pneumonia
Whoopi Goldberg delivered the news Monday on "The View," the daytime talk show Walters started. Goldberg delivered an ultimatum to Walters: "No scratching."
RELATED: Barbara Walters injury update
Walters hit her head when she fell in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 19, and was hospitalized for observation. She has since been transferred to a New York hospital.
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the pop star's post-engagement glow on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chris Hemsworth and his daughter play at the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »