Barbara Walters released from the hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com8 of 18
- Photo: ABC/.9 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 18
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital14 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Pacific Coast News16 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital17 of 18
Veteran broadcaster Barbara Walters has been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment for chicken pox.
The 83-year-old journalist left a New York medical center on Tuesday to continue her recovery at home.
Walters was initially hospitalized on Jan. 19 after she fell and cut her forehead while in Washington, D.C., to cover President Barack Obama's inauguration.
She then came down with a fever, was transferred to a hospital in the Big Apple last week and was diagnosed with chicken pox.
A spokesperson for TV network ABC says Walters is resting comfortably and "getting stronger," although there was no indication of when she might return to work as co-host of talk show "The View."
Get out the vote
Khloe Kardashian gets wild at a zoo in Sydney on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Check out Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady's cutest family moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jennifer Aniston to David Schwimmer, check out the cast of "Friends" then and now!Watch Video »