Barbara Walters released from the hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com8 of 18
- Photo: ABC/.9 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 18
- Photo: Ron Tom / ABC/Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital14 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Pacific Coast News16 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital17 of 18
Veteran broadcaster Barbara Walters has been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment for chicken pox.
The 83-year-old journalist left a New York medical center on Tuesday to continue her recovery at home.
Walters was initially hospitalized on Jan. 19 after she fell and cut her forehead while in Washington, D.C., to cover President Barack Obama's inauguration.
She then came down with a fever, was transferred to a hospital in the Big Apple last week and was diagnosed with chicken pox.
A spokesperson for TV network ABC says Walters is resting comfortably and "getting stronger," although there was no indication of when she might return to work as co-host of talk show "The View."
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite