Source on Bethenny Frankel split: 'They really tried,' are 'devastated'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: POA/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: Meyers/Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 17
- Photo: FUFU/GSI11 of 17
- Photo: MPNC/GSI12 of 17
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Ryan/WENN16 of 17
Fans of "Bethenny Ever After" know that there was plenty of drama and conflict in Bethenny Frankel's marriage to Jason Hoppy -- but there was no third party involved when the spouses of nearly three years announced their split on Dec. 23.
"No one cheated," a Frankel friend shares in the new issue of Us Weekly, out now.
"They're both devastated," the friend continues of Frankel, 42, and pharmaceutical sales exec Hoppy, 41, who share daughter Bryn, 2. And although the pair butted heads -- over Frankel's staggering financial success and Hoppy's family -- "they really tried," the pal says. "They grew apart. She is very upset."
Indeed, Frankel, who has gone from reality star to bestselling author, talk show host and head of the Skinnygirl company, "feels like she disappointed herself," another source says. "She disappointed her daughter and she disappointed her fans."
For much more on what led to the split -- and what's at stake financially -- pick up the news Us Weekly, on stands Friday!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out everything you need to know about Caitlyn Jenner in two minutes.Watch Video »
Beauties & Beasts
From Lady Gaga to Allison Williams, check out these ladies with their furry companions!Watch Video »
Bares it All
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »