Betty White Returns to Sitcom TV
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/GettyImages.com1 of 8
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/GettyImages.com2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com3 of 8
- Photo: Thomas Moisuk/.4 of 8
- Photo: RK/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP7 of 8
"Golden" screen gem Betty White is returning to the land of sitcomdom in "Hot in Cleveland," according to The Associated Press.
The TV Land show has asked the hilarious actress to co-star in its 10-episode inaugural season. According to the AP, the television veteran was originally cast for the pilot to play a witty, lively caretaker of a Cleveland home shared by three L.A. transplants. The former west coasters will be played by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, and Wendie Malick.
Betty will be plenty busy leading up to the June launch of the show. She was confirmed to host "Saturday Night Live" on May 8 and will appear in the season finale of ABC's "The Middle."