Bobbi Kristina Engaged to "Adopted" Brother, Wearing Whitney Houston's Diamond Ring, Says Source
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 9
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: OWN/.7 of 9
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Whitney Houston's family drama has not simmered down since her shocking Feb. 11 death.
The late singer's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was recently photographed in Atlanta holding hands with and kissing Nick Gordon, a young man whom Houston took in when he was 12 years old. A source now tells Us Weekly that 19-year-old Bobbi Kristina and Nick are engaged and living together in one of her mother's Atlanta properties.
PHOTOS: Whitney Houston's family album
And Bobbi Kristina, whose dad is Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown, has been showing off a huge diamond engagement ring on her left hand to pals -- a bauble once worn by her mother, 48 years old at the time of her death, the source explains.
"The situation is beyond sad," the source says. "Whitney never formally adopted Nick, but he lived with her and Bobbi Kristina from the age of 12 and they were raised like brother and sister. Nick came from a really bad background."
Although the duo were "always close," their relationship "has evolved a lot," the source says, "and they are living like a couple."
Perhaps not surprisingly, Bobbi's family (grandmother Cissy Houston, father Bobby Brown) is "really upset" and "worried" about the unconventional romance.
"Bobbi Kristina is still so vulnerable since her mother passed away," the source adds. "But Nick has become like her rock."
PHOTOS: Whitney Houston 1963-2012
Indeed, the grieving Bobbi Kristina was seen sporting the ring during her interview with Oprah Winfrey on last Sunday's "Oprah: The Next Chapter."
"I'm doing as good as I possibly can at this point. I'm just trying to keep going," said Bobbi, who briefly checked into the hospital after her mother's death. "I can sing her music, but to hear it now, I can't. I can hear her voice telling me, 'Keep moving, baby. I got you.' She's always with me. I can always feel her with me. She used to always say, 'Do you need me?' And I said, 'I always need you.'"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite