Brad Paisley's wife opens up about dementia ordeal in magazine essay
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Country star Brad Paisley's actress wife has opened up about her mother's battle with dementia in a new magazine essay.
Kimberly Williams-Paisley reveals she feels she is slowly losing her mum to primary progressive aphasia, a rare form of the disease, in a heart-breaking piece published by Redbook magazine.
The "Father of the Bride" star writes, "I've watched a passionately joyful woman, a devoted mother, an engaged listener and friend deteriorate and transform into someone almost unrecognizable.
"It's been agonizing to slowly lose her."
Williams-Paisley reveals her mother's condition has robbed her of her ability to write and recall words -- and she can't even pronounce her grandson Jasper's name correctly.
And the actress admits the decision to move her mum from the home she shares with her husband and family to a care facility was heart-wrenching but unavoidable.
She adds, "The move was the hardest change my tight-knit family has ever had to endure.
"Our visits were agonizing for me. I couldn't look at her without seeing a fading picture of who she used to be. I resented this mostly manic, dangerous, crazy woman who had taken over my mother's body."
RELATED: Who partied at the Super Bowl?
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite