Brandi Glanville: Ex-husband Eddie Cibrian and I 'were never truly rich'
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: WBC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America6 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: mjt/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 20
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: .10 of 20
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks11 of 20
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.12 of 20
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.14 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: Vince Bucci/.17 of 20
- Photo: Splash News18 of 20
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
Brandi Glanville is an open book. The "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"star may live in an expensive area code and show up at various red carpets year round, but getting to where she is now was no easy feat. The 41-year-old recently touched on her less than financially abundant life while she was married to ex-husband Eddie Cibrian.
"Eddie and I were never truly rich," Glanville reveals to the UK's Times magazine in a new interview. "We were ghetto rich. We had the nice cars, the nice house and the nice jewels, but we probably had a second and a third mortgage. We were living paycheck to paycheck, with no savings."
The pair may have had hard times making ends meet, but there was one detail during their time together that was clear to Glanville -- her role in the house. "I had a hot dinner served on time every night and I looked great on his arm," she said. "That was my role."
Glanville and "The Best Man Holiday" actor Cibrian, 40, have had a tumultuous relationship since divorcing in 2010. One of the biggest issues has been co-parenting their sons Mason, 10, and Jake, 6, with Cibrian's new wife LeAnn Rimes. But one positive change that has come out of their split? Glanville is no longer throwing away dollars she doesn't have.
"I don't live beyond my means. I go to the 99 Cent Store," the "Drinking and Tweeting" author added. "I'm not trying to keep up with the Kardashians."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite