Bret Michaels: I Knew Something was 'Severely Wrong'
- Photo: J. Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: George Napolitano/GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Rocker Bret Michaels tells Oprah that he knew something "was severely wrong" when he suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage last month, landing him in intensive care just days after having his appendix removed.
But not one to go down easily, the former Poison frontman says he wore his signature bandana in bed, telling Oprah, "I said, 'If I'm going out, I want to go out rockin'.'"
On Wednesday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show," Michaels recalls the pain from the injury, saying, "It just exploded instantly -- ran from my temple down to the back of my skull."
The rocker/reality star says he plans to return to the stage in Biloxi, MI., on May 28, and also hopes to appear on the live season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice," airing May 23 on NBC.
Related stories: Donald Trump Fires Three More on 'The Celebrity Apprentice'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite