Brody Jenner on past relationship with Kris Jenner: "Tension was real," says reality star
- Photo: FPA/Fame Flynet1 of 18
- Photo: DOBN GUTS/GSI2 of 18
- Photo: @brodyjenner/Instagram3 of 18
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram4 of 18
- Photo: @brodyjenner/Instagram5 of 18
- Photo: @brodyjenner/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Wonderwall7 of 18
- Photo: Tom/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: @brodyjenner/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: @iamcattsadler/Instagram13 of 18
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA14 of 18
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA15 of 18
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA16 of 18
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet17 of 18
Family feud, over. Brody Jenner is on much better terms with Kris Jenner, although this was not always the case, the reality star recently revealed.
"The tension was real as far as growing up not knowing her intentions, who she is," he told the NY Daily News of the momager, 58, in a piece published Monday, Dec. 30. (Kris married Brody's father, Olympian Bruce Jenner in 1991, just one month after she divorced first husband Robert Kardashian.)
"There was obviously just drama between the family and parents," Brody added to the paper.
The choppy relationship between the handsome Hills alum, 30, and Kris was captured in one memorable episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, where Brody confronted his stepmom for allegedly contributing to the rift between father and son. Brody and older brother Brandon, 32, are Bruce's sons from the athlete's previous marriage to actress Linda Thompson.
Despite the previously rocky relationship, all is good now between the Laguna Beach hunk and talk show host. “Kris and I have had some very deep, long conversations, and we actually really got to know each other, and so we're all good now," he shared with the Daily News. He added that his father, 63, also seems "better than ever" following his separation.
As Us Weekly reported back in September, the famous reality TV matriarch separated from her husband after 22 years of marriage. She told Us in an exclusive statement, "We ended a marriage, but that's not the end of our friendship."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »