Brooke Burke-Charvet reveals cancer diagnosis
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: E. Charbonneau for PMK/HBH/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: FPA/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Michelle Bruck/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com15 of 16
Brooke Burke-Charvet released a video online Thursday to announce that she was recently diagnosed with a cancerous growth on her thyroid gland.
In the video posted on her ModernMom blog, the 41-year-old actress and TV host explained that a nodule was discovered on her thyroid and after a series of tests over the last few months, it was eventually determined to be cancerous and her thyroid will have to be removed.
"Which means that I'm going to have a nice big scar right here across my neck," Brooke said. "And I don't get to just walk around and pretend like nothing happened or not follow up or not share it, because it's going to be pretty much dead center."
Brooke said the discovery, which originated from a regular physical, came as a complete shock because she's otherwise healthy. "As crazy as it is, my head is in the right place, and it's going to be good," she said, adding that the doctors consider this a form of "good cancer" compared to many others and the prognosis is good. "I'm just going to make a positive out of this negative thing."
She said the surgery has been scheduled, and she promised to keep her fans updated through her blog. "Now I'm ready to deal with it and I'm going to be fine. And I feel really, really strong."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Rihanna and more celebs share too much information on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Check out Reese Witherspoon, Mischa Barton, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »