Brooke Shields Reveals Why She Walked With a Cane at 2012 Met Gala
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue3 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Mattel/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Rotello/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: K Thatcher / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 16
Brooke Shields had one of the most eye-catching accessories at the Met Costume Institute Gala in New York on Monday -- but not for the reasons one might think.
Wearing a J Mendel dress with Tiffany & Co. jewels, the actress, 46, walked down the red carpet and up the steps at the Metropolitan Museum of Art using a cane. According to E! News, Shields had recently injured the meniscus in her knee while performing as Morticia Addams in Broadway's "The Addams Family."
To ease her pain, Shields wore flip-flops with her gown, E! News reports.
Shields -- mom to daughters Rowan, 8, and Grier, 6, with writer husband Chris Henchy, 48 -- began her "Addams Family" run in the summer of 2011. "I am having the time of my life playing Morticia with this wonderful company of actors," she told Playbill. "Morticia is such a delicious role and 'The Addams Family' is such a fantastic and iconic piece of entertainment."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed's cutest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Little Suri Cruise suggests that paparazzi should photograph her doll instead of her.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift has a lot to be thankful for this year on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Pamela Anderson: Profile
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFeathered Frocks
From Crowd Ignite