Amanda Bynes' lawyer hopes for resolution to NY bong case
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: GOAL/GSI3 of 12
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.8 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage11 of 12
NEW YORK (AP) -- A lawyer for troubled star Amanda Bynes says he thinks her New York bong-throwing case will be resolved soon.
RELATED: Kesha debuts rainbow-colored hair
The actress didn't appear in court Thursday. She remains in a psychiatric hospital in California.
She was charged earlier this year with reckless endangerment and marijuana possession. Police say they saw her heave a bong from her 36th floor Manhattan apartment.
She has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving in California. Her attorney there argued Wednesday that she needed a competency hearing.
New York attorney Gerald Shargel says he's working with prosecutors to resolve the case. That could mean charges would be dropped if she agrees to stay out of trouble.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »