Camille Grammer 'great' after cancer scare, working with therapist after alleged abuse
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: WENN2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Camille Grammer is fighting back and trying to move forward. In a new interview for "The Dr. Oz Show," the former "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star opens up about the radical hysterectomy she had last month, and the aftermath of the scary alleged physical abuse she reportedly faced from her now ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos.
"It's been four weeks today, a month ago. I'm feeling great," the 45-year-old reality star told Dr. Oz about the surgery she underwent after being diagnosed with early stage endometrial cancer. "I have to say, once in a while I'll get a little pain here and there, but I'm walking around. I was able to go trick-or-treating with my kids and my life is moving forward and I'm feeling very well, thank you."
"My heart sank. You know, you think about your children, am I gonna make it, I want to be alive for them," the mother of two and ex-wife of Kelsey Grammer said of first hearing about her health scare. "My kids -- my ex-husband hasn't seen the kids since July so I'm mom. I'm there. So I really needed to be here for them. My son doesn't really understand it that well, but my daughter said, mom, I'm so glad you're getting surgery 'cause then the cancer's gonna be all gone."
Grammer's struggles didn't end there. Late last month, the TV personality also was granted a temporary restraining order against her younger boyfriend after claiming he physically abused her during an argument while staying at a hotel in Houston, Texas.
"Oh, it was just terrible 'cause, you know, right after any kind of procedure, you want to be surrounded by love and you need good healing vibes and positive energy around you," she said. "I was physically abused and assaulted by this person and it was very traumatizing. But now, I'm working with a therapist and I'm going to be okay. I'm doing well."
Grammer's appearance on "The Dr. Oz" Show airs Thursday, Nov. 14.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite