Chelsea Handler Doesn't Regret Having an Abortion at Age 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: David J. Phillip/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: MarkTheShark.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: John Parra/GettyImages.com9 of 16
- Photo: Redbook/.10 of 16
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Not everything in Chelsea Handler's life is a laughing matter.
While appearing on "The Rosie Show," the 36-year-old TV host revealed she got pregnant when she was just 16 years old -- and she was determined to keep the child.
"I was so delusional," Handler said Wednesday. "I was like, 'I'm ready for a baby.'"
The New Jersey native's parents, Rita and Seymour, had different plans for their daughter. "You're throwing your entire life away," they told her. "You're supposed to create a life for yourself. We want you to enjoy your life and not be raising a child, and we're certainly not going to raise it for you."
Host Rosie O'Donnell sympathized with Handler, arguing that for some women, having an abortion isn't "a life-defining negative thing."
Twenty years later, Handler said she has "no regrets" about her decision. "I wouldn't be a good mother," the best-selling author said. "You should do whatever you want with your body and you shouldn't let anyone tell you what to do."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Kendall's fabulous new fashion career on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite