Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Slams Her TV Breakdown
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.1 of 4
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: ED BETZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
On Tuesday morning, Peter Cook was among the millions tuning in as his ex, Christie Brinkley, spoke to Matt Lauer on the "Today" show about their seriously ugly divorce battle.
Giving her first TV interview about the dispute four years since it began, the 58-year-old supermodel accused Cook, 53, of "character assassination" and said tearfully, "I just want peace. And every time I have any joy or any kind of success in anything, he has to try to destroy it."
In a statement that appeared in the New York Post's Page Six Wednesday, Cook wasn't feeling particularly peaceful. "Christie was entirely dishonest about the circumstances surrounding the current court action which was precipitated by her and ... is doing further damage to our children," says Cook, who has a biological daughter, Sailor, 13, with the Chicago star; he also adopted Jack, Brinkley's 17-year-old son with second husband, Richard Taubman.
Cook added that he was "shocked by the blatant lies she told regarding our divorce proceedings of four years ago, including denying the indisputable fact that she fought for an open courtroom despite the warnings it would harm our children ... [she] will stop at nothing to continue the drama in our lives in order to harass me and keep herself relevant in the media."
"[She] does not want peace, she wants attention." Cook acknowledges that he was unfaithful to Brinkley, cheating on her with Diana Bianchi, who was 18 years old, at the time of their fling. "I wish she [Brinkley] would find a way to move on."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite