Christina Hendricks tells of bullying hell
- Photo: VPB/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
"Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks has opened up about her hellish experiences at the hands of childhood bullies.
The actress admits she was "a bit of a goth" in her younger years, and her wacky dress sense and love of acting alienated her from her classmates.
Hendricks is adamant the atmosphere at her "mean" school was so tribal it reminded her of William Golding's classic novel "Lord of the Flies."
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I went to a very mean school and was bullied like crazy. I was a bit of a goth with purple hair and I was also part of the drama group, which was filled with actors and writers and wasn't really accepted by the rest of the school.
"There was a long corridor with lockers on either side and kids would sit on top of them and spit on you. It was like something out of Lord of the Flies, but if I learned anything it was to remain true to myself and not to conform for the sake of it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite