Christina Ricci confirms she's engaged to boyfriend James Heerdegen
- Photo: VPE/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks3 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP8 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE10 of 19
- Photo: SNAP/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional12 of 19
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional14 of 19
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: Markus Schreiber/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks18 of 19
Looks like Christina Ricci will be having a very romantic Valentine's Day 2013, indeed: She's engaged to her boyfriend, James Heerdegen! The actress, 32, confirmed the news exclusively to Us Weekly on Friday at the Grove in L.A., where she helped unveil the Make Up for Ever Remix makeup bag and Make Up for Ever mobile tour.
The star met dolly grip Heerdegen on the set of her canceled ABC series, with Us Weekly first reporting the relationship back in February 2012. Ricci has been wearing what appeared to be an engagement ring since last October, but had declined to comment on engagement speculation.
Wearing the bauble at Friday's Make Up for Ever event (Ricci helped design the Make Up For Ever Remix bag), she finally fessed up to Us that she and her man got engaged last fall. "Yeah," the "Addams Family" alumna confirmed, accepting congrats from Us Weekly reporter Brody Brown. "[We got engaged] a couple months back."
Despite the happy news, Ricci and her man don't have any specific plans for Feb. 14. "Honestly, I was trying to think of that before. I can't remember a single Valentine's Day!" she said, laughing. "I personally just don't think I've ever made a big deal about Valentine's Day. I mean, I like to get like flowers."
The actress and RAINN spokeswoman was previously engaged to actor Owen Benjamin. They split in June 2009. Heerdegen has worked on more than 40 film and television productions, including "Sex and the City 2," "Nurse Jackie," "Baby Mama" and "What Happens in Vegas."
Ricci, who first became a household name as a child star in the "Addams Family" films and in "Mermaids," next stars in this summer's "Smurfs 2."
"I worked so much last year that I just really wanted to have some time off to just kind of live," she explained. "You kind of need to take time to be a real person."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuess the Ring
From Crowd Ignite