Comedian George Lopez's wife files for divorce
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: Lopez Tonight/.2 of 5
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- George Lopez and his wife of 17 years are making their breakup official with her filing for divorce.
RELATED: Learn all about the Lopez split here
Ann Serrano Lopez filed her petition, citing irreconcilable difference, on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
The pair announced their breakup in September and said they would remain partners in a charitable foundation. They have a 14-year-old daughter, and Ann Lopez is seeking physical custody.
RELATED: Who are the sexiest ladies over 40?
The filings do not offer any additional details about the split.
The pair were married in September 1993 and did not list a separation date.
The filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
The 49-year-old comedian hosts the talk show "Lopez Tonight" on TBS.
RELATED: Get the scoop on 'George Lopez'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite