Comedian Jerry Lewis Hospitalized for Blood Sugar
- Photo: MSN1 of 14
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks2 of 14
- Photo: Doc Pelle/Stills/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/AP/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Rick Rycroft/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Hans Von Nolde/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Jerry Mosey/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Harold Matosian/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Frank Filan/Invision/AP13 of 14
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A publicist for Jerry Lewis says the comedian is OK after being hospitalized in New York overnight.
The 86-year-old Lewis had a health scare Tuesday night just before he was scheduled to receive an award and present another to Tom Cruise at the Friars Club Entertainment Icon Awards.
Publicist Candi Cazau in Las Vegas says colleagues have told her Lewis is fine. She says he is very busy and simply forgot to eat or drink and his blood sugar level took a dive.
She says she doesn't know if he collapsed, but he became weak and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Besides the Friars event, Cazau says Lewis is beginning three weeks of directing rehearsals for a new musical based on Lewis' 1963 film "The Nutty Professor.
RELATED: Crazy Celeb Health Habits
Best Beach Bodies
From Ryan Phillippe to Sofia Vergara, see which stars had the most enviable beach bodies in 2014.Watch Video »
Worst Fashion '14
Rihanna, Lena Dunham, Jennifer Lawrence, and more celebrities mark some of 2014s worst fashion moments hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift is the cover girl for the October issue of Glamour magazine.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Joy
From Crowd Ignite