Comedian Jerry Lewis Hospitalized for Blood Sugar
- Photo: MSN1 of 14
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks2 of 14
- Photo: Doc Pelle/Stills/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/AP/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Rick Rycroft/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Hans Von Nolde/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Jerry Mosey/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Harold Matosian/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Frank Filan/Invision/AP13 of 14
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A publicist for Jerry Lewis says the comedian is OK after being hospitalized in New York overnight.
The 86-year-old Lewis had a health scare Tuesday night just before he was scheduled to receive an award and present another to Tom Cruise at the Friars Club Entertainment Icon Awards.
Publicist Candi Cazau in Las Vegas says colleagues have told her Lewis is fine. She says he is very busy and simply forgot to eat or drink and his blood sugar level took a dive.
She says she doesn't know if he collapsed, but he became weak and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Besides the Friars event, Cazau says Lewis is beginning three weeks of directing rehearsals for a new musical based on Lewis' 1963 film "The Nutty Professor.
RELATED: Crazy Celeb Health Habits
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »