Courtney Stodden, 19, Doug Hutchison, 53, confirm legal separation
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News2 of 11
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: ROLO/GSI4 of 11
- Photo: Sellebrity RICK/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: BIAG/GSI6 of 11
- Photo: Charlie Luciano/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: Zodiac/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Zodiac/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Promotional10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Courtney Stodden is officially back on the market -- though she never really had the chance to be on it. Stodden made headlines in May 2011 when she was just 16 years old and wed actor Doug Hutchison, who was 51 at the time. Now, the controversial couple confirms reports that they have decided to end their marriage.
"After two and a half years of marriage, Courtney and Doug have decided to become legally separated," Stodden, 19, and Hutchison, 53, said in a statement to the Daily Mail on Nov. 5. "Courtney was married at a young age. Now, at nineteen, she's interested in exploring life as an unmarried single young adult -- with the freedom to explore her independence."
Stodden's desire to live her life and date other people apparently hasn't caused any bad blood between her and the "Green Mile" actor. "Doug supports Courtney 100 percent," the statement continued. "The two will share custody of their precious pup, Dourtney, remain living in the same house [for now] in separate bedrooms, and Doug will be co-managing Courtney's career."
The estranged spouses added, "We love each other very much, want for each other's happiness, and will continue being the best of friends for life."
A source previously told Us Weekly that Stodden's recent appearance on "Celebrity Big Brother" in the U.K. gave her a taste of what it would be like to be single. "After Courtney experienced being in 'Celebrity Big Brother' in the U.K. she realized that there is this whole world out there to explore," the source explained. "She was so reliant on Doug up until doing the show, but after going so far away, she realized she could survive by herself."
Stodden met Hutchison after signing up for his acting workshop online. Her parents gave parental consent for Stodden to marry the much-older actor. "I was a virgin," Stodden shared in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" in 2011. "I knew that if I kept that, I would be blessed with a beautiful gift. And God did! He blessed me with my soulmate."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite