Cynthia Nixon scolded during breast cancer speech
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: KELLY JORDAN/StarTraks2 of 8
- Photo: Ach/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: LTB/VMAB/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN7 of 8
Cynthia Nixon was reportedly left shocked after a pastor confronted her for mentioning her wife during a speech about breast cancer, according to a new report.
The openly gay star spoke at the annual Breast Cancer Summit on Long Island, N.Y., on Monday, where she detailed her struggle with breast cancer.
During the event, Nixon made a passing reference to her wife, Christine Marinoni, which prompted audience member Pastor Lisa Calabrese to scold the "Sex and the City" actress, saying, "Her speech didn't offer enough hope and she didn't need to speak about her wife when the summit's purpose was to discuss breast cancer," according to the New York Post.
The crowd reportedly booed Calabrese and Nixon responded, "I acknowledge your first statement and totally reject your second comment."
OMG Celeb Fashion
Gisele Goes Green
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite