Dave Chappelle Tells One Joke At Charity Event And Proceeds To Stare Down Audience
- Photo: JULIE JACOBSON/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Last night, Dave Chappelle was set to perform stand-up at the Summer Groove charity event in Miami. But turns out Mr. Chappelle does not, repeat does not, like his routines to be recorded. Seems he got so incensed by some guy filming him that he literally just stood onstage for over 45 minutes waiting for something to happen, though no one seems to know what. CNN's Roland Martin, who was there, tweeted what was going on. We've transcribed them out for you in chronological order because, honestly, they say it all.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Is Mila leading lady material?
This Dave Chappelle set is bizarre. He's spent more time going back & forth with one audience member, & pretty much stopped telling jokes
One woman just yelled, "Can you tell a joke so we can enjoy ourselves!" He got texted four times during his show and actually checked them
I'm jut not understanding what threw him off. He's complained about folks videotaping his set, yelling out loud. I don't get it
"This crowd is serious as hell," he says. Dave, we're trying to figure out what we've listened to for the last 25 minutes.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Learn all about Rhys's Comic Con confrontation
Chappelle says this is a "test of wills." He keeps saying "tick tock" & he has "nothing but time." He's just staring at the crowd & sighing
"As s----- as the show is, I can't wait to explain this on CNN." Dave Chappelle complaining about a guy taping his whole show
Then Dave started talking to me, asking if I was putting this on CNN. Yes, from the stage! He's been on stage 46 minutes & told one joke.
He kept saying "I respect your work." And then he said, He'll send me a tape of his better comedy work. This is a trip!
Well, there you have it folks. Dave Chappelle is going to take no attitude from no man! Even if he is supposed to be helping support students and families in need.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read Amy Winehouse's obit
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite