David Letterman Gives His Audience 'The Double Bird'
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/CBS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: ADAM ROUNTREE/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: J.P. Filo/CBS/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: CBS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Darla Khazei/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.8 of 16
- Photo: CBS/AP/HO/.9 of 16
- Photo: CBS/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: FPZ/Fame Pictures11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: RD/Leon / Retna Ltd./Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: STEVE FRIEDMAN/Invision/AP15 of 16
The "Larry Crowne" star -- who is one of Letterman's favorite celebrities -- gasped after she realized he had given the crowd the two-fingered salute.
It happened after Letterman explained to the Oscar winner how his biggest sadness in life was that his son did not have a brother or sister.
When the audience interrupted his conversation with a half-hearted, "aww," he let them have the "double bird" to show his disapproval.
Roberts, 43, has three kids with her husband Danny Moder: twins Hazel and Phinnaeus (both 6) and a son Henry, 4.
Letterman, 64, has a son Harry, 8, with his wife Regina Lasko.
Several years ago Letterman infamously did an inverted single flip-off to a viewer who sent him a letter claiming he watched the show upside down so that blood could rush to his head.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED FROM RADAR:
Find out everything you need to know about Caitlyn Jenner in two minutes.Watch Video »
Beauties & Beasts
From Lady Gaga to Allison Williams, check out these ladies with their furry companions!Watch Video »
Bares it All
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »