Ellen DeGeneres urges fans to adopt a turkey for Thanksgiving
- Photo: Mark Lennihan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Fern/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros/NC1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.8 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: NBC Universal/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: VT/DK/PW/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros./Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
Comedienne Ellen Degeneres is urging her fans to avoid turkey feasts this Thanksgiving (2011) and instead adopt a bird for charity.
The U.S. talk show host is backing the Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-A-Turkey Project ahead of America's November (2011) holiday in a bid to boost the population of the feathered creatures.
She says, "Did you know that every year between 250 and 300 million turkeys are bred for slaughter in the United States? More than 46 million for Thanksgiving alone.
"So, this Thanksgiving instead of eating a turkey, please join me in adopting one from Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-A-Turkey Project and you can give a turkey something to be thankful for."
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »