Denise Richards: Charlie Sheen Called Me from Jail
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: RHS/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Richards tells Oprah Winfrey that Sheen called her collect from jail, saying that he didn't want the day to go by without saying Merry Christmas to their daughters, Lola and Sam. "It's sad. It's a sad situation ... Their dad was in jail on Christmas," Richards says, adding that her daughter learned that her dad was in jail from a child in her kindergarten class.
RELATED: Denise Richards photos
When asked if she thinks Sheen has a problem, Richards responds, "Yeah, I think that Charlie has a very sharp tongue ... He played on my insecurities."
The actress reflects on her marriage to Sheen, telling Oprah that it was an abusive relationship. Though Sheen has denied Richards' claims of abuse, the actress recalls that there were instances when he was verbally abusive but adds that "he never hit me."
RELATED: Oprah Winfrey photos
Richards says that she was "terrified" when she filed for divorce while pregnant. "I was terrified and relieved that I had the courage to do it," she reveals on the talk show. "Our daughters didn't ask to be born into our conflict. ... It was impossible to make [our marriage] work."
Though the actress details her tumultuous relationship with Sheen in the past, she's happy to report that they are now getting along. "Charlie and I are in a good place now ... It's taken a lot of work on our part."
More from ET: Denise Richards: 'I Will Spill My Guts About Everything'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite