Dina Lohan's lawyer: Paparazzi stress is to blame for DWI arrest
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Frank Eltman/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 11
- Photo: Instagram/.6 of 11
- Photo: DCA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: GRPR/GSI10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
A lawyer for Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, has blamed the stress of constantly trying to avoid the paparazzi for causing her client's drunk-driving arrest in Long Island, N.Y., last month.
Dina Lohan was hit with charges for driving while intoxicated and speeding after she was pulled over near her Long Island home on Sept. 12.
Police found her to have a blood alcohol level of more than double the state's legal limit of 0.8 percent, but she pleaded not guilty to the counts recently, when a judge suspended her license and released her without bail.
She was back in court on Wednesday, and, after a routine hearing, her lawyer Mark Heller read out a report from a court-appointed evaluator, suggesting the judge should take into account the "circumstances and challenges of Dina's lifestyle ... in prosecuting this case."
RELATED: Dina Lohan writing a memoir
Heller claims the evaluator also insisted the 50-year-old did not need alcohol abuse treatment, adding, "The report said, concerning Ms. Lohan, there is no indication that Dina suffers from abuse or dependence. Her driving record is remarkably unblemished. Therefore, treatment is not being recommended."
The favorable evaluation will come as some relief for Dina. Her famous daughter recently completed a 90-day court-ordered stint in rehab after struggling with her own substance abuse issues for years.
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite