Elizabeth Banks: I Get Mistaken for Chelsea Handler Constantly
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: AP/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
It's no secret that Elizabeth Banks and E! comedienne Chelsea Handler bear a striking resemblance.
During an appearance on Chelsea Lately Monday, 37-year-old Banks admitted that while she's often mistaken for the Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang author, she rarely corrects people when they're wrong.
"I was sitting in Toronto and a guy walked up to me and said, 'Oh my god, my girlfriend loves you. She would die if I didn't get your autograph. This is so exciting!'" the Our Idiot Brother actress recalled. "He's like, 'I just love your books. I mean, My Horizontal Life....' I was like, 'Oh, he thinks he's meeting Chelsea Handler.' I couldn't ruin it for him!"
"I was like, 'It's nice to meet you,'" Banks told the man, acting as Handler. "I was just hanging out, being Chelsea, drinking my vodka and having a good time. He couldn't have been happier."
Handler experienced a similar situation in April when Bill O'Reilly mistook her for Banks at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
"People always say, 'They look alike, but Chelsea's obviously much older.' Meanwhile, we're the same age," Handler, 36, quipped. "It's like, what is wrong with everybody? Why can't I just get a break?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Check out all the stars on the red carpet at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Bye Bye Zayn
Get the scoop on 1D's huge, heartbreaking news on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »