Elizabeth Vargas 'so much better' after rehab stint for alcohol abuse
- Photo: AO1/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: AO1/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: ARF/ZOJ/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Here's to a new chapter. Elizabeth Vargas, co-host of ABC's "20/20," has returned home after a stint in rehab for alcohol abuse. The 51-year-old veteran journalist announced the good news via Twitter on Nov. 19.
"Hello everyone! I am home, and so grateful for all your support and well wishes," she wrote. "I am so much better and taking it one day at a time."
Vargas -- who's worked on both the "Today" show and "Good Morning America" -- revealed her whereabouts on Nov. 6 when her absence from the news program became more noticeable to viewers.
"Like so many people, I am dealing with addiction," the anchor said in a statement at the time. "I realized I was becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol. And feel fortunate to have recognized it for the problem it was becoming. I am in treatment and am so thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and colleagues at ABC News. Like so many others, I will deal with this challenge one day at a time. If coming forward today gives one other person the courage to seek help, I’m grateful."
ABC spokesman Jeffrey Schneider also gave his support. "We are proud of the steps Elizabeth has taken and are pulling for her recovery," he said in a statement. "We look forward to having her back home at ABC News, where she has done so much distinguished work over the years. Elizabeth is a member of our family and we will support her in every way we can."
The New Jersey native has been married to "Walking In Memphis" singer-songwriter Marc Cohn since July 2002 and they have two children together, Zachary, 10, and Samuel, 7. She also is a stepmom to Cohn's children Max and Emily, from his previous marriage to Jennifer George.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite