Elsa Pataky's baby bump mocked by 'Fashion Police': 'It looks like a beer belly'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: @kellyosbourne/Instagram4 of 15
- Photo: Goodwin/VM/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: @gorgekosti/Instagram6 of 15
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Pablo/Dmac/Fame Flynet8 of 15
- Photo: Premiere/Dmac/Fame Flynet9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: RPE/ZOJ/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Too far? Joan Rivers and E!'s "Fashion Police" not only criticized Chris Hemsworth's pregnant wife Elsa Pataky's Oscars dress from March 2, but they also slammed the size of her baby bump.
"I know why she's huge," Rivers said on "Fashion Police" on March 3. "I saw her sonogram." The 80-year-old comedian then jokingly showed the photo of Ellen DeGeneres' celeb-packed selfie from the audience at the Academy Awards.
The Spanish model, 37, and her husband, Thor actor Hemsworth, 30, revealed they are expecting twins back in January. The spouses, who wed in 2010, are already parents to daughter India, 21 months. HOLA! magazine reported in January that the twins are due in a few months' time.
Rivers wasn't the only "Fashion Police" host who criticized Pataky's bump and green sequined Elie Saab gown.
"The last thing I wanna do is rip on a pregnant woman," co-host George Kotsiopoulos said. "But it's a horrible dress on her. It doesn't look like a baby bump, it looks like a beer belly."
"It's just not the appropriate dress to wear if you are pregnant. You have to go with an empire style, or just dress like Olivia Wilde," Osbourne said of the fellow pregnant star. "... Beautiful baby bump, but beautiful in a different dress," Rancic added. "I have to say, pregnant or not, I just don't like this dress."
The criticism doesn't seem to be stopping Pataky from embracing her second pregnancy. The model was spotted at a "Baywatch"-inspired photo shoot on March 4, wearing a red sports bra and tiny red shorts. The soon-to-be mom-of-three also showed a sense of humor about her bump, by painting it to look like a life saver.
Do you think Fashion Police went too far with their criticism of Pataky's look?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite