Eric Dane Files Lawsuit Against Rocker Billy Corgan Over Fallen Tree
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: SPOT/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Mike/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: Mike/Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: ALMA/GSI7 of 17
- Photo: FUFU/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: Kido/NPG9 of 17
- Photo: Araya Diaz/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Mike/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: JLM/Splash News16 of 17
Eric Dane has filed a lawsuit against his neighbor Billy Corgan over a fallen tree.
RELATED: Out & About: TV Stars on Hiatus
The former "Grey's Anatomy" star claims a tree on the Smashing Pumpkins frontman's property that was uprooted by storms last year almost killed his then-pregnant wife, Rebecca Gayheart.
The actors were at home with daughter Billie when severe winds swept through Los Angeles last November, bringing down a large eucalyptus on Corgan's property and sending it crashing onto the couple's home, which then flooded due to heavy rain.
RELATED: Craziest Celeb Lawsuits
Dane and his family escaped unharmed, but the actor has now launched a legal battle against his neighbor, claiming Corgan ignored warnings about the dangers the tree posed.
He is seeking unspecified damages for nuisance, negligence and injunctive relief, according to TMZ.
Corgan has maintained his innocence since the incident, calling Dane's claims "patently untrue."
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
See the snaps Reese Witherspoon shared from Kenya on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the pop star's post-engagement glow on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »