Gay rights campaigners urge Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin after gay slurs
- Photo: AJ Mast/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com/.2 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: JWNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Gay rights campaigners are calling on bosses at banking giant Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin as a company spokesman following his homophobic online outburst.
The "30 Rock" star posted an expletive-filled tirade on his Twitter page aimed at reporter George Stark, who suggested in a Daily Mail article that Baldwin's wife, Hilaria, was tweeting during James Gandolfini's funeral last month.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Baldwin adamantly denied the allegation and targeted Stark by calling him a "toxic little queen" and a "lying little b**ch", ranting, "I am gonna f**k you up... I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this f**king little b**ch."
Now, a coalition of leading gay and straight activists are urging Capital One chiefs to drop the actor as the face of their credit card campaign.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Jimmy LaSalvia, co-founder of political action group GOProud for gay conservatives, tells Breitbart.com, "We urge all Americans to ask themselves, 'What's in your wallet?' We hope they will reject Alec Baldwin's homophobia by cutting up those Capital One cards in their wallets."
LaSalvia's colleague John Hawkins adds, "It's still a free country and Alec Baldwin can do as much gay bashing as he likes on Twitter, but it's hard to understand why Capital One would choose to publicly condone his homophobia by keeping Baldwin on as its spokesman. If Capital One is not going to do the right thing then Capital One doesn't deserve our business."
After his Twitter tirade, Baldwin issued an apology to gay rights group GLAAD. Capital One executives have yet to comments on his actions.
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite