Whoopi Goldberg owns up to faking fart sound
- Photo: JM11/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Venturelli/GettyImages.com11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: CT2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 16
Whoopi Goldberg has cleared the air after appearing to break wind during a recent interview with actress Claire Danes, confessing she "made the sound" because she was bored.
Danes appeared on "The View," on which Goldberg is a co-host, last Friday, Dec. 16, to promote her new show "Homeland," but she was left stunned when the "Sister Act" star seemed to pass gas.
Goldberg played up the mishap, telling the panel, "Excuse me, I think I just blew a little frog outta there!"
The video clip went viral over the weekend, but now the Oscar winner has owned up to faking the noise - just to liven up the segment.
Speaking on The View on Tuesday, Dec. 20,, Goldberg said, "I need to get started with you all by clearing the air about something that has been lingering in the headlines all weekend... Now, believe it or not, people have lost their minds about this. I mean it's crazy. What actually happened is, there is within me a little kid who just forgets that she's an adult on television, and when her mind wanders she just does stuff...
"The truth is... I made the sound. But I did it because I had zoned out and just wanted to have some fun and I actually forgot that I was on television doing my job."
'Kiss Me Quick'
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »