- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 21
- Photo: Us/Promotional3 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 21
- Photo: Sam Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News6 of 21
- Photo: Jessica Simpson/Twitter/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN8 of 21
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 21
- Photo: NC1/WENN10 of 21
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage11 of 21
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures12 of 21
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle13 of 21
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle14 of 21
- Photo: ©Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 21
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Pacific Coast News16 of 21
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin17 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com18 of 21
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News19 of 21
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.20 of 21
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN21 of 21
By Kat Giantis
Jessica Simpson has declared motherhood "the best thing I've ever experienced," but the (really, really) long-awaited arrival of little Maxwell Drew is also proving to be one of the more lucrative things she's ever experienced.
In addition to the $4 million deal Jess reportedly signed with Weight Watchers to drop the pregnancy poundage, she's also apparently about to pocket a chunk of change for her baby daughter's first photo shoot.
Sources tells Women's Wear Daily that People will fork over $800,000 for the exclusive pics, a relatively modest sum compared to the $6 million Jennifer Lopez received from the mag in 2008 for her twins' butler-inclusive debut.
No word on whether Jessica's fiancé, Eric Johnson, will get a piece of the paycheck. According to WWD, there wasn't much of a bidding war for the tot's unveiling.
And while it's all well and good that Simpson is getting paid, she's not exactly following the A-list lead on baby pictures. In recent days, stars such as Beyonce and Bruce Willis have debuted their tots free of charge on the Internet (see here and here).
Charlize Theron, meanwhile, showed off new son Jackson this week by taking him on an airport stroll that ensured every paparazzi agency got an equal shot, a move she made to head off invasive shutterbugs desperate for the first shot of the tyke.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson shares our feelings of Adele's new single, Chrissy Teigen shows off her baby bump and more celebrity selfies of fall on Celebs Gone Social!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Why We Love Amy
There are literally hundreds of reasons why we love Amy Schumer, but let's check our top five!Watch Video »
Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne cozy up to Kylie Jenner and Tyga's new puppy on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the best over-the-top style trends worn by celebrities while at basketball games!Watch Video »