- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Jack G./Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: WENN7 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital9 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Christopher Smith/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks12 of 20
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet14 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 20
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP19 of 20
By Kat Giantis
For a brief, shining moment, funny guys the world over were filled with hope that a good sense of humor could, in fact, land them an impossibly hot chick. It all started with a dubious but intriguing item in London's Mail on Sunday, which claimed Charlize Theron had fallen for the adorably clownish charms of Eric Stonestreet, who's best known as Mitchell's well-padded gay partner, Cameron, on "Modern Family."
"Charlize and Eric get along incredibly well," alleged a source. "They started off as friends but things are blossoming between them."
According to the tab, the two were introduced by mutual pals earlier this year and apparently began to date after the actor's recent split from his longtime love, Broadway actress Katherine Tokarz.
"Eric is down to earth and funny, and Charlize thinks the world of him," added the snitch, pulling out the old "good personality" gambit. "It's early days, but they're very fond of each other."
Alas, "very fond" appears to be a very big exaggeration.
His rep also pooh-poohed the hookup talk, telling People, "There is nothing romantic going on between them. He has only met Charlize twice!"
One of those times was at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in April, where the affectionate pose above was snapped.
Charlize, 37, who became a first-time mom when she adopted son Jackson in March, has been flying mostly solo since her 2010 split from Stuart Townsend after nearly a decade together (she briefly dated a pre-Blake Lively Ryan Reynolds last year).
The Oscar winner's rep did not respond to our request for comment, but a source close to her reiterates to Us that the romance rumors are false.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the hottest looks that Kim Kardashian has donned since becoming a mom.Watch Video »
Cameron's long journey to ‘Avatar’
Dec. 14: Director James Cameron sits down with "Access" to talk about his highly anticipated film,...Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Ellen DeGeneres sits down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner to discuss Portia, holiday plans and what she really wants for Christmas this year ...Watch Video »