- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Jack G./Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: WENN7 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital9 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Christopher Smith/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks12 of 20
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet14 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 20
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP19 of 20
By Kat Giantis
For a brief, shining moment, funny guys the world over were filled with hope that a good sense of humor could, in fact, land them an impossibly hot chick. It all started with a dubious but intriguing item in London's Mail on Sunday, which claimed Charlize Theron had fallen for the adorably clownish charms of Eric Stonestreet, who's best known as Mitchell's well-padded gay partner, Cameron, on "Modern Family."
"Charlize and Eric get along incredibly well," alleged a source. "They started off as friends but things are blossoming between them."
According to the tab, the two were introduced by mutual pals earlier this year and apparently began to date after the actor's recent split from his longtime love, Broadway actress Katherine Tokarz.
"Eric is down to earth and funny, and Charlize thinks the world of him," added the snitch, pulling out the old "good personality" gambit. "It's early days, but they're very fond of each other."
Alas, "very fond" appears to be a very big exaggeration.
His rep also pooh-poohed the hookup talk, telling People, "There is nothing romantic going on between them. He has only met Charlize twice!"
One of those times was at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in April, where the affectionate pose above was snapped.
Charlize, 37, who became a first-time mom when she adopted son Jackson in March, has been flying mostly solo since her 2010 split from Stuart Townsend after nearly a decade together (she briefly dated a pre-Blake Lively Ryan Reynolds last year).
The Oscar winner's rep did not respond to our request for comment, but a source close to her reiterates to Us that the romance rumors are false.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Vin Diesel and "Furious 7" co-stars chat losing Paul Walker and what it meant to have his real-life brothers fill in to complete his role in the film.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Cute Fam Moments!
Check out Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.'s cutest family moments on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Dwayne Johnson chats "Furious 7" and dishes on his teen daughter's love of trucks with Wonderwall.Watch Video »