- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Jack G./Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: WENN7 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital9 of 20
- Photo: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Christopher Smith/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks12 of 20
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet14 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 20
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP19 of 20
By Kat Giantis
For a brief, shining moment, funny guys the world over were filled with hope that a good sense of humor could, in fact, land them an impossibly hot chick. It all started with a dubious but intriguing item in London's Mail on Sunday, which claimed Charlize Theron had fallen for the adorably clownish charms of Eric Stonestreet, who's best known as Mitchell's well-padded gay partner, Cameron, on "Modern Family."
"Charlize and Eric get along incredibly well," alleged a source. "They started off as friends but things are blossoming between them."
According to the tab, the two were introduced by mutual pals earlier this year and apparently began to date after the actor's recent split from his longtime love, Broadway actress Katherine Tokarz.
"Eric is down to earth and funny, and Charlize thinks the world of him," added the snitch, pulling out the old "good personality" gambit. "It's early days, but they're very fond of each other."
Alas, "very fond" appears to be a very big exaggeration.
His rep also pooh-poohed the hookup talk, telling People, "There is nothing romantic going on between them. He has only met Charlize twice!"
One of those times was at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in April, where the affectionate pose above was snapped.
Charlize, 37, who became a first-time mom when she adopted son Jackson in March, has been flying mostly solo since her 2010 split from Stuart Townsend after nearly a decade together (she briefly dated a pre-Blake Lively Ryan Reynolds last year).
The Oscar winner's rep did not respond to our request for comment, but a source close to her reiterates to Us that the romance rumors are false.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »