- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Pacific Coast News/The Grosby Group/Pacific Coast News7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Michael Tran/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks13 of 17
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 17
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.16 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com17 of 17
By Kat Giantis
That stampeding sound you hear are the hordes of opposable-thumbed mammals currently beating a path to Sofia Vergara's door. The New York Post says the "Modern Family" knockout has split from Nick Loeb, her moneybags businessman boyfriend of two-plus years.
Vergara, 39, flew solo at the celebrity-stuffed Met Gala on Monday night in New York. Two days earlier, she tweeted photos showing her celebrating Cinco de Mayo with gal pal Jessica Alba, no Loeb in sight.
"Sofia was confiding in friends at the ball that she and Nick have split," a source tells the paper. "They have been fighting a lot recently and have been on the brink of splitting many times. It is not yet clear if they are over for good, but they are done as a couple for now."
Vergara and Loeb attended the White House Correspondents' Dinner in Washington, D.C., on April 27, but a spy who saw them last month at a New York eatery believes things were already tenuous for the twosome.
"She looked miserable," opines the source. "Sofia looked beautiful, but she did not seem happy with him at all."
One apparent sticking point for the pair was the pressure of the Colombian actress' white-hot career. Still, she stuck by Loeb's side for weeks when he was hospitalized with multiple injuries after a car accident in 2010.
Vergara, who is mom to 19-year-old son Manolo from her first marriage, revealed in the April issue of In Style that she's in no rush to settle down, even with her 40th birthday fast approaching.
"I guess I am going to think about freezing my eggs," she said. Last year, she told Parade, "Nick wants babies. Imagine me, again with a baby, when Manolo is 20! I guess eventually I'll do it -- for love."
As for what attracted Sofia to Loeb, "The most important thing was that he was very handsome," she recalled to In Style. "But he was also very funny, talking s--- to me like a normal person."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
The stars of "Orange Is the New Black" take Paris by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kylie Jenner's most stylish swimsuit posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cindy Crawford and more stars celebrated Cinco de Mayo on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend has to say on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian greets a giraffe, cuddles a chimpanzee and kisses a tiger cub on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bares it All
"SYTYCD" star tWitch chats waxing for "Magic Mike XXL" and raps "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme song.Watch Video »