- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 19
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: RK7/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.7 of 19
- Photo: Kido, FRIOLO/NPG8 of 19
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG9 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Â© Kristen Noseda/Retna Ltd.18 of 19
Cue up your most mournful Death Cab for Cutie mix, because the adorkable marriage between Zooey Deschanel and indie rocker Ben Gibbard is officially kaput. People mag reports their divorce was finalized on Dec. 12, a little more than a year after they split.
"Unhappy and irreconcilable differences have arisen between the parties, which have caused the irremediable breakdown of their marriage," say documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. "There is no possibility that counseling, further consideration … or mediation could save the marriage."
The be-banged "New Girl" star, 32, married the singer-songwriter, 36, in September 2009. Two years later, they had what sources described as a "mutual and amicable" parting of ways (their official separation date was Halloween), with Deschanel filing for divorce two months later.
In June, Zooey rebounded with screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »