"Growing Pains" Actor Andrew Koenig Missing
- Photo: Jesse Thorn/.1 of 3
- Photo: ABC/Wonderwall2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Saryn Chorney
Favorite '80s teen star Andrew Koenig, aka Boner Stabone of "Growing Pains" has gone missing, Zap2it.com and more outlets are reporting. Celebrity friends like Sarah Silverman, Alyssa Milano, Dave Holmes and more have been tweeting and blogging on behalf of the actor-comedian. The celeb tweets are linking to pal and radio host Jesse Thorn's post about Koenig's disappearance:
"Andrew Koenig has been missing for a week, last seen 2/14 in Vancouver. Didn't make his flight back to the US on 2/16. The Vancouver Police are involved, and lots of people are looking. Could you reblog this and help get the word out? And say some prayers or think some positive thoughts? Andrew is a super, super good guy, and we're thinking of him and his family. If you're in the Northwest, please keep your eyes out, and no matter where you are, please share this news. If you've seen Andrew since February 14th, contact Detective Raymond Payette of the Vancouver PD at 604-717-2534."
Meanwhile, the police could not confirm nor deny Koenig's missing person status due to privacy reasons. Some were skeptical the story was just an elaborate hoax by the comedians. However, Danielle Koenig, Andrew's sister, has confirmed that he is indeed missing:
"My brother is missing and any information we can get on his whereabouts would be helpful. Thank you so much for writing about this. It's very much appreciated."
Andrew's father, Walter Koenig, played Chekov in the original "Star Trek" series and films. Andrew Koenig's most recent role was "InAlienable" (2008), written and directed by his father.
Stay tuned to Wonderwall for updates.
RELATED: See stars' tweets for Koenig
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite