Jon Hamm blasts Hilton, Kardashian
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: BAR/Startraksphoto.com/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Dave Proctor/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Actor Jon Hamm has accused Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton of making stupidity fashionable.
The "Mad Men" star is dismayed at the dumbing-down of celebrity culture in recent years, and he's singled out hotel heiress Hilton and reality TV star Kardashian as emblematic of the problem.
MORE: Hottest Dudes in Suits
Hamm tells Britain's Elle magazine, "We're at a place where the idea of being 'elite' is somehow considered a negative. Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated. Being a f------ idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly. And incuriousness has become cool. ... It's celebrated. It doesn't make sense to me."
MORE: Celebrity Poker Stars
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
From the once seemingly aloof bachelor to the now ever-adoring husband, check out George Clooney's transformation.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »