Jon Hamm blasts Hilton, Kardashian
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: BAR/Startraksphoto.com/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Dave Proctor/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Actor Jon Hamm has accused Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton of making stupidity fashionable.
The "Mad Men" star is dismayed at the dumbing-down of celebrity culture in recent years, and he's singled out hotel heiress Hilton and reality TV star Kardashian as emblematic of the problem.
MORE: Hottest Dudes in Suits
Hamm tells Britain's Elle magazine, "We're at a place where the idea of being 'elite' is somehow considered a negative. Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated. Being a f------ idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly. And incuriousness has become cool. ... It's celebrated. It doesn't make sense to me."
MORE: Celebrity Poker Stars
'Full House' 2
Get all the scoop on who's in and who's out for Netflix's "Fuller House," on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Blake Lively chats motherhood, HGTV and rocking an amazing wardrobe in "The Age of Adaline" on Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Man?
From Crowd Ignite