Heidi and Spencer's Divorce to Be Finalized on Valentine's Day
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 8
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: MAP/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
How's this for romantic: barring any dramatic reconciliation, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's divorce will become final on February 14, 2011.
Jodeane Farrell, Montag's lawyer, confirmed to TMZ that Pratt has signed paperwork confirming that he was served with divorce papers on August 13.
According to California law, Montag must wait 6 months after Pratt was served in order for their divorce to be finalized -- thus making next Valentine's Day their official split date.
Pratt, 26, wed Montag, 23, in April 2009 in a ceremony taped for "The Hills," the MTV reality show that made them stars.
Montag filed for divorce on July 30, citing irreconcilable differences. Of his wife's move, Pratt quipped to UsMagazine.com, "Heidi couldn't handle King Spencer's fame so she got out of the marriage."
A source close to the couple told Us that Montag initiated the split because "she had lost contact with her friends and family."
On the day Pratt was served with his wife's divorce papers, she wrote optimistically on Twitter: "cleaning house and getting rid of my old life, it feels good to live fresh."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite