Jada Pinkett Smith and Marc Anthony Had 'Inappropriately Close' Friendship, Source Says
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: KMAX/X172 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Wilfredo Lee/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.10 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital13 of 15
- Photo: CRAIG BARRITT/Retna Digital14 of 15
Last week, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith shot down a tabloid report that they were ending their 14-year marriage and that Pinkett Smith had an affair with Marc Anthony, her love interest on TV's "HawthoRNe."
But although Pinkett Smith 39, and Anthony, 42, never had a full-blown romantic affair, one source tells Us the twosome had an "inappropriately close" friendship.
"They were a little touchy and like they were in their own little world," a set source explains, adding that the twosome often hung out alone in his trailer, and talked and texted frequently.
And when Anthony's own seven-year marriage to Jennifer Lopez began to fall apart, he leaned on his work pal.
"The more distant Marc and Jennifer became, the closer he got to Jada," a family insider says, adding that Pinkett Smith may have "overstepped her bounds" in lending Anthony marital advice.
"Jennifer didn't like that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Single & Fabulous
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »