Jaime King opens up about fertility struggles, five miscarriages
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Scott Roth/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Brenton Ho/Powers Imagery/.7 of 18
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: @ingridmichaelson/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: @taylowswift/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @kyle_newman/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: @amandygriffith/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: Chaos/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images North America15 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com16 of 18
- Photo: jaime_king/Instagram17 of 18
Putting a face to fertility issues, Jaime King took to Instagram on Friday to explain in detail the painful lengths she went to in order to get pregnant with her son James, now 9 months.
"For all the women out there who think they are alone in this #youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkhatterrifiesus," she captioned a picture of a long note.
In the note, King, 35, revealed that she spent eight years struggling before giving birth to James.
"8 yrs of pain & undiagnosed PSOC [Polycystic ovary syndrom] & Endometriosis," she said. "5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF [In vitro fertilization], 26 IUIs [Intrauterine insemination], most with no outcome, 4-1/2 years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home."
The lengthy description inspired many of King's followers to share their own stories in the post's comment section and to thank and praise her for her honesty.
While this is the first in-depth explanation the Hart of Dixie star has provided for her issues with conceiving, this isn't the first time she's talked about her struggles. Back in May she spoke with ABC News about the daunting ordeal.
"This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him," she told ABC News. "He's like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving [baby]."?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Love
From Crowd Ignite