Jaime King opens up about fertility struggles, five miscarriages
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Scott Roth/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Brenton Ho/Powers Imagery/.7 of 18
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: @ingridmichaelson/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: @taylowswift/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @kyle_newman/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: @amandygriffith/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: Chaos/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images North America15 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com16 of 18
- Photo: jaime_king/Instagram17 of 18
Putting a face to fertility issues, Jaime King took to Instagram on Friday to explain in detail the painful lengths she went to in order to get pregnant with her son James, now 9 months.
"For all the women out there who think they are alone in this #youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkhatterrifiesus," she captioned a picture of a long note.
In the note, King, 35, revealed that she spent eight years struggling before giving birth to James.
"8 yrs of pain & undiagnosed PSOC [Polycystic ovary syndrom] & Endometriosis," she said. "5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF [In vitro fertilization], 26 IUIs [Intrauterine insemination], most with no outcome, 4-1/2 years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home."
The lengthy description inspired many of King's followers to share their own stories in the post's comment section and to thank and praise her for her honesty.
While this is the first in-depth explanation the Hart of Dixie star has provided for her issues with conceiving, this isn't the first time she's talked about her struggles. Back in May she spoke with ABC News about the daunting ordeal.
"This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him," she told ABC News. "He's like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving [baby]."?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch this behind-the-scenes video of Seal and Heidi Klum's vow renewal.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »