Jaime King opens up about fertility struggles, five miscarriages
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Scott Roth/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Brenton Ho/Powers Imagery/.7 of 18
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: @ingridmichaelson/Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: @taylowswift/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @kyle_newman/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: @amandygriffith/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: Chaos/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images North America15 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com16 of 18
- Photo: jaime_king/Instagram17 of 18
Putting a face to fertility issues, Jaime King took to Instagram on Friday to explain in detail the painful lengths she went to in order to get pregnant with her son James, now 9 months.
"For all the women out there who think they are alone in this #youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkhatterrifiesus," she captioned a picture of a long note.
In the note, King, 35, revealed that she spent eight years struggling before giving birth to James.
"8 yrs of pain & undiagnosed PSOC [Polycystic ovary syndrom] & Endometriosis," she said. "5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF [In vitro fertilization], 26 IUIs [Intrauterine insemination], most with no outcome, 4-1/2 years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home."
The lengthy description inspired many of King's followers to share their own stories in the post's comment section and to thank and praise her for her honesty.
While this is the first in-depth explanation the Hart of Dixie star has provided for her issues with conceiving, this isn't the first time she's talked about her struggles. Back in May she spoke with ABC News about the daunting ordeal.
"This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him," she told ABC News. "He's like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving [baby]."?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »