Jaleel White Addresses Ex's 'Hurtful' Abuse Allegations
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: ABC/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
In the midst of a skyrocketing career comeback, Jaleel White has recently come face to face with allegations of past domestic abuse, charges the "Dancing With the Stars" front-runner firmly denies.
"When you're doing well in life, it's par for the course certain individuals will try and knock you down," said White addressing the allegations in a statement. "When the individual is also the mother of your only child it is particularly hurtful."
Referring to allegations that he assaulted his ex-girlfriend Bridget Hardy in 2010, White contests the claims he hit Hardy across the chest and pushed her into the toilet are nothing but "malicious" and "hurtful" lies.
"The allegations made against me back in 2010 have suspiciously resurfaced in time to coincide with my new show on Syfy and 'Dancing With the Stars.' ... Bridget Hardy has consistently shown a knack for timing throughout our child custody disputes," he told People.
"I guess my most recent successes have been too much for her to stomach," he added. "I'm assuming I have not received her votes these past Monday nights."
RELATED: Where Are They Now? '90s Rappers
Above all, White maintains his priority is and will always be the well-being of his 2-year-old daughter.
"My only hope is that when my daughter Googles her parents one day in her future, she sees that her father acted with class and dignity when pressed to the fire. ... Bridget Hardy is the mother of my only daughter in this world and without Ms. Hardy I would not have the treasure that is my daughter. God knows the truth. ... I ask for your sensitivity during this time. I can assure all of my fans this is only residue from a child custody matter."
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite