James Van Der Beek Welcomes a Son
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Fern/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: HD1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: The WB/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
Us Weekly -- James Van Der Beek is now a proud papa, two times over!
The "Dawson's Creek" actor announced via Twitter on Tuesday that he and his wife of 18 months, Kimberly Van Der Beek (formerly Brook), welcomed a son into the world.
PHOTOS: '90s TV stars: Then and now
"Had my first son this morning …Well, actually, my wife had him. I just caught him. Wow. Heart expanding way faster than my brain..," the 35-year-old tweeted.
"If you could bottle up and distribute this feeling, I swear there'd be no more war. #fatherhood," he added.
PHOTOS: Star dads on duty
No word what the little one's name is, but this is the second child for the Van Der Beeks. Their daughter, Olivia, is 17 months old.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's most expensive divorces
James was previously married to actress Heather McComb from 2003 to March 2010, but they didn't have any kids.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »
NYFW Personal Pic
Katie Holmes, Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid and more stars share their personal pics from New York Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Kidman, Felicity Jones, and Marion Cotillard all get an F for their Oscar gowns.Watch Video »