Jane Lynch files for divorce from wife Lara Embry
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: AGNY/GSI3 of 9
- Photo: Gustavo Caballero/Getty Images North America4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: @janemarielynch/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: VISP/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Just one month after announcing that she and her wife of three years, Dr. Lara Embry, are going their separate ways, Jane Lynch has officially filed for divorce in an L.A. County Court, People reports.
The "Glee "actress, 52, cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the couple's split. The documents state that the pair have been separated since this past February.
"Lara and I have decided to end our marriage," Lynch said in a statement to Us in June. "This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter."
Lynch and Embry, 44, tied the knot in a ceremony in Sunderland, Mass. in June 2010, less than one year after meeting at a gala for the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
According to the legal documents, the couple did not have a prenup, and will therefore split their marital assets 50/50. The pair have no children together (Embry has two daughters Haden and Chase).
Lynch is also filing to terminate the court's jurisdiction to award Embry with spousal support, TMZ reports. The actress, who currently stars on the Broadway production of "Annie: The Musical," has already moved out of their shared Laurel Canyon home in L.A.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite